The Government of Goa,
Secretariat, Porvorim â€“ Goa.
Dated:- 31st December 2008.
Whereas vide Notification No. 1/49/2000/S(IND)/Vol.II dated 04-08-2003, published in the Official Gazette, Extraordinary No.4 Series 1 No.18 dated 06.08.2003, the Government of Goa notified the Goa Industrial Policy, 2003
(hereinafter referred to as the "said Policy").
Now, in pursuance of clause 5.9 (iii) of the said Policy, the Government of Goa is pleased to frame the following Scheme, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement - (1) This Scheme shall be called the INCENTIVES TO WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS SCHEME, 2008.
(2) It shall come in force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette, and shall remain in force upto 31st March, 2011.
2. Introduction - The Government of Goa is pleased to frame this Scheme for the benefit of those units which are set up by women entrepreneurs, to give them additional incentives.
3. Objectives - The objective of this Scheme is to encourage women entrepreneurship and encourage women to start industry for self-employment.
4. Eligibility - 1) Those units which have gone into commercial production or service on or after the date of publication of this Scheme shall be eligible subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria under the appropriate Schemes under which special benefit is granted.
(2) Only partnership and proprietary concern are eligible provided the ownership is with women, to the extent of 100% in case of proprietary concerns and 51% in case of partnership firm with condition that the balance share of 49% is not entirely held by husband or father or brother or son and there is at least one additional partner other than husband or father or brother or son.
5. Incentives - 1) 5% additional benefit under Local Employment Subsidy Scheme. This is over and above what is eligible under the original Scheme.
(2) Preference in Capital Contribution and under Special Capital Contribution Schemes.
(3) In case of Interest Subsidy Scheme prescribed limit of 1 Â½% of turnover will be increased to 2% and 30% of interest paid will be increased to 35%, however, subject to overall ceiling of Rs.8.00 lakhs.
Note: All above benefits are above the normal benefit and in addition to any such benefit available under the original Scheme including any capping on benefit stipulated.
6. Procedure - Applicant should claim the benefits under the Scheme for which additional benefits are being stated in this Scheme. Procedure, rules and other requirements required under the Schemes, under which special benefit is granted, will be applicable under this Scheme.
7. Task Force Committee :-
There shall be a Task Force Committee for the purpose of this Scheme which shall scrutinize and recommend the benefits under this Scheme, consisting of the following members :-
1.General Manager (DIC) of Directorate of Industries, Trade and Commerce, as a Chairman.
2.Assistant Director (Admn) of Directorate of Industries, Trade and Commerce, as a Member.
3.Under Secretary (Finance)/(Expenditure), as a Member.
4.One person to be nominated by the Government from Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
5.One person to be nominated by the Government from Goa State Industries Association.
The Committee may co-opt additional members from Financial Institutions or Associations, if felt necessary.
This has been issued with the concurrence of Finance (Exp.) Department vide U.O.No. 1650 dated 26/6/2008.
the Governor of Goa.
( B. S. Kudalkar )
Under Secretary (Industries)
The Director, Printing and Stationery, Government Printing Press, Panaji, Goa, with a request to publish the same in the Extraordinary Gazette and to furnish 10 copies of the same to this Department, for official use.
Copy to :-
1)The Director of Industries, Trade and Commerce, Panaji, Goa.
- Industrial Estate