Preferential Purchase Incentive
Preferential Purchase Incentive
The Government of Goa,
Secretariat, Porvorim â€“ Goa.
Dated:- 31st December 2008.
Whereas vide Notification No. 1/49/2000/S(IND)/Vol.II dated 04-08-2003, published in the Official Gazette, Extraordinary No.4 Series 1 No.18 dated 06.08.2003, the Government of Goa notified the Goa Industrial Policy, 2003 (hereinafter referred to as the "said Policy").
And Whereas the Government of Goa framed a Preferential Purchase Incentives for Small Scale Industries Scheme, 2003, published in the Official Gazette Extraordinary, Series I, No. 34, dated 20.11.2003 (hereinafter referred to as the, "said scheme").
Now, in pursuance of clause 509 (iii) of the said Policy and in supersession of the said Scheme, the Government of Goa is pleased to frame the following scheme, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement _ (1) This Scheme shall be called the PREFERENTIAL PURCHASE INCENTIVES FOR MICRO AND SMALL ENTERPRISES SCHEME, 2008.
(2) It shall come in force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette, and shall remain in force up to 31st March, 2011.
2. Introduction â€“ To give effect to the provisions of said Policy, the Government of Goa has decided to formulate a Preferential Purchase Incentives Scheme for Micro and Small Enterprises.
3. Objectives â€“This Scheme is intended to encourage and give a boost to Micro and Small Scale enterprise Sector and needs to have complied with utmost care. Non-compliance of provisions of this Scheme shall be viewed seriously and the Officer concerned shall be personally held liable.
4. Benefits â€“ Under this Scheme Micro and Small Enterprises permanently registered or acknowledge with Enterprises Memorandum II by the Directorate of Industry, Trade & Commerce, Goa shall be given special treatment in any tender floated by Government Department/Autonomous Bodies/Corporations/Semi Government Departments or any purchases made by them, as under :
1. Micro and Small enterprises shall be allowed to match to lowest tender price floated by non-small Scale Units provided its quoted price is within 15% of lowest quoted price floated by Non- Micro and Small Enterprises;
Explanation : (a) In case of more than one Micro or Small Enterprises, falling within the range, the lowest one shall be preferred.
2. In case of contractual tenders for installation, commissioning of machinery/items, etc. the preference of quoted price, the pro-rata percentage over and above the lowest quotation shall be granted to the concerned Micro or Small Enterprises for being qualified to match the lowest one.
3. For the purpose of availing benefit under this Scheme, the Micro and Small Enterprises shall be required to match the standard of quality as required by the State Government Department.
4. The Scheme shall be applicable even for the purchase of computer hardware and other electronic items except in cases of purchases of Education Department, under this Scheme.
5. The tender documents shall be supplied to Micro and Small Enterprises at the rate of maximum up to Rs.200/-.
6. Earnest money shall be required to be deposited and the same shall be to the maximum of Rs.500/-.
7. No other security deposit is required.
8. Priority in payment shall be ensured to Micro and Small
Enterprises and the payment shall be effected by the concerned department within 60 days from the delivery of goods or completion of tendered work, failing which the Department shall be liable to pay an interest at the rate of 0.75% per month.
5. Eligibility:- Only those Micro and Small Scale Enterprises having the turnover not exceeding Rs. 6 crores per annum for the last proceeding 3 financial years and permanently registered or acknowledge with Entrepreneurs Memorandum II by the Trade and Commerce shall be eligible for the benefit under this Scheme.
This has been issued with the concurrence of Finance (Exp.) Department vide U.O.No. 1650 dated 26/6/2008.
the Governor of Goa.
( B. S. Kudalkar )
Under Secretary (Industries)
The Director, Printing and Stationery, Government Printing Press, Panaji, Goa, with a request to publish the same in the Extraordinary Gazette and to furnish 10 copies of the same to this Department, for official use.
1)The Director of Industries, Trade and Commerce, Panaji, Goa.
- Industrial Estate